Video recording and production done by OpenStack Foundation.
Trove is the OpenStack Database as a Service (DBaaS) project that
provides a simple cloud based approach to the management of the
complete lifecycle of a database. DBaaS provides a flexible,
scalable, on-demand platform that enables self-service and easy
management of a variety of database management systems (DBMS).
This tutorial provides attendees with a hands-on introduction to
OpenStack Trove. Attendees will learn how to install, configure and
operate OpenStack Trove. During the tutorial, they will launch both
relational and NoSQL databases, configure and operate replicated
pairs of databases, clusters of MongoDB instances, take backups,
manage configuration parameters on groups of databases, and learn
the benefits of DBaaS and OpenStack Trove.
Attendees will get answers to questions such as:
• What are the benefits of DBaaS and OpenStack Trove?
• What are some of the common use-cases for Trove?
• How do I install and configure Trove?
• What databases can be orchestrated with OpenStack Trove?
• How do I launch a database instance with Trove?
• How do I manage features like replication and clustering with Trove?
• How do backups and configuration management work with Trove?